Effective date: June 29, 2020
These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others (hereinafter referred to as “you”, “your”, or “yours”) who access or use Humane Africa Mission. Your access to and use of Humane Africa Mission is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using Humane Africa Mission you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of these Terms then you may not access Humane Africa Mission.
- Service Service is Humane Africa Mission mobile application data tracking service
- Data Data means any information and/or personal data the Service collects from you either by manually input or automatically collected from your device.
- Usage Data Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any Data is, or is to be, processed. For the purpose of these Terms, we are a Data Controller of your Data.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the Data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your Data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Data.
These Terms inform you of the terms & conditions of use of Humane Africa Mission and our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your Data when you use Humane Africa Mission and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your Data to provide information and improve Humane Africa Mission. By using Humane Africa Mission, you agree to the collection and use of your Data in accordance with these Terms.
Data Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve Humane Africa Mission’s service.
Types of Data Collected by Humane Africa Mission
Personal Data is data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- City/Town and Postcode
- Postcode (Optional)
- Health related symptoms
- Cookies and Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically including, but not limited to:
- The type of mobile device you use
- Your mobile operating system
Tracking & Cookies Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Humane Africa Mission uses the collected Data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service within the health sector
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under Uganda Data Protection and Privacy Act, 2019
Humane Africa Mission may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Humane Africa Mission will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Your consent to these Terms followed by your submission of such Data represents your agreement to that transfer.
Humane Africa Mission will take all the steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in accordance with these Terms and no transfer of your Personal Data will take place to an organisation or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your Data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Humane Africa Mission may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Humane Africa Mission may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Humane Africa Mission
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Humane Africa Mission aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Humane Africa Mission relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals as Data Processors to process the Data on our behalf to facilitate our service, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Humane Africa Mission is a free App for its Users.
Humane Africa Mission App contains advertisement via the AdMob network. Admob serves adverts periodically as you interact with the App. For further information on Admob please refer to this link. https://admob.google.com/home/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
All Data submitted to our Service is equally protected, collected, processed, monitored, analysed, used, retained, tracked, disclosed and/or transferred by us. Humane Africa Mission complies with Uganda Data Protection and Privacy Act, 2019.
Data submitted to us may include those from children under the age of 16 submitted by themselves or their parents/carers. Where the child is below the age of 16 years, registration and Data submission to Humane Africa Mission must be given after full consent or authorisation by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. By accessing or using Humane Africa Mission you agree to be bound by these Terms.
We may terminate or suspend your access to our Service immediately, entirely at our own discretion, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach these Terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be construed, interpreted and governed by and in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
All Intellectual Property (IPR) in relation to Humane Africa Mission (including, but not limited to: Logo, Data, Source Code, Documentation, Website and Application Package) is exclusively owned by us.
Changes to This Terms
We may update our Terms from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms on this page.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on Humane Africa Mission, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “effective date” at the top of these Terms.
You are advised to review these Terms periodically for any changes. Changes to these Terms are effective when they are posted on this page.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org